Thu, 30 Mar|
Gibson Soak Hotel
Autumn Field Day 2023
All farmers and those in the agricultural industry are welcome to join ASHEEP at our annual Autumn Field Day. Join us as we tour around farms and trial sites via bus and hear from expert speakers.
Time & Location
30 Mar 2023, 9:30 am – 7:00 pm
Gibson Soak Hotel, 34414 Coolgardie-Esperance Hwy, Gibson WA 6448, Australia
About the Event
All farmers and those in the agricultural industry are welcome to join ASHEEP at our annual Autumn Field Day. Join us as we tour around farms and trial sites via bus and hear from expert speakers. Snacks and lunch will be provided during the field day and we’ll wrap up with drinks and canapes at Gibson Soak Hotel. If you would like dinner you can purchase it from the Soak.
Bus Pick Up
9:30AM - Meet at Esperance Bay Yacht Club carpark to travel via bus
10:00AM - Meet at Gibson Soak Hotel carpark to travel via bus
Field Day Stops & Discussions
- Lucerne - Tihan Gilliomee, Cascade Rd (entry opposite Roberts Rd), with lucerne discussion from agronomist Theo Oorschot (Esperance Rural Supplies)
- Compulsory eID Tagging in Sheep by 2025: Update & questions - led by Andrew Longbottom & Fernanda Richards (DPIRD), followed by comments from tag supplier Brad McCormick (Shearwell)
- Feed365 Pasture Mix Demonstration - Josh & Tegan Sullivan, Esperance Downs Research Station, with Dr Daniel Real & Dr Angelo Loi (DPIRD). Followed by overview of a connected Farm & General trial site with their agronomists.
- Local Drench Resistance Check Update - David Howey (Elanco) & Alan Hoggart
- Feed365 Tedera Demonstration - Mitchell Greaves & Demi Vandenberghe, The Oaks, Napier Rd, with DPIRD researchers.
- Biological De-Fleecing & Shearing Update - Tori Kirk, Australian Wool Innovation
4:30PM - Drinks & nibbles at Gibson Soak Hotel, with dinner purchasable
7:00PM - Bus departs Gibson to return to town
Our thanks to South Coast Natural Resource Management for providing a grant to support the delivery of this event.
Please observe farm biosecurity and arrive in clean boots & clothes.
We’d prefer you travel via the bus, but if you need to go via car please make sure it is clean to avoid spread of weeds, pests and disease.
WHAT TO BRING
Wet weather gear / hat / sunscreen, we go rain or shine.
We are visiting working farms which come with a range of hazards. Please stay as a group and observe instructions given to you. Stay away from moving machinery or vehicles, look out for slips / trips, keep a safe distance from any livestock we may encounter (if you are given the opportunity to handle stock please follow ASHEEP’s livestock handling safe work procedures available to download here and take instruction given to you by the farm host / field day Chair). Avoid driving on paddocks where possible. When you are driving on farm tracks please drive cautiously and avoid hazards such as potholes, deep water, and slippery areas.
Please note that this event will visit paddocks and yards that include uneven / soft / rough terrain. We plan to have a portable toilet available, but there are several steps to access it. If you have accessibility requirements and need something for you to safely attend the event, please call ASHEEP on the number below and we will endeavour to find a solution.
0409 335 194
Thanks to our fantastic sponsors for making this event possible!
- Ticket type
Autumn Field Day Ticket
This ticket includes bus travel, snacks, lunch, & drinks / canapés at Gibson Soak Hotel while the bar tab runs. Dinner is purchasable from the Soak.Price$10.00
GST includedTax: GST included